Thursday 3 June 2010

THIS AND THAT...


Just a quick post this morning as I want to get outside and enjoy the lovely sunshine.

This is the apron I made for Megan my Canadian swap partner in the Apron swap 2010..


Megan said that she liked things bright and retro so I chose these great fabrics from Amy Butlers LOVE range..
The pattern is taken from Anna Maria Horner's - Seams to me, book, which I seem to have made a lot of things from just lately..



This was another one of those things which I made and really did not want to give away (awful I know !), but I am sure I will eventually make one for myself..


I made this bag as a thank you present for the friend who took Freya and Finn away for the long weekend, I made her husband some map covered 3D letters spelling his name, but stupidly forgot to photo them !


Lastly, pump bags, I have had a run of orders for these of late from parents of Hebe's nursery friends who will be starting school in September....



The parents were told at the new parents evening last week that the children actually need two pump bags, one for PE kit and one for outdoor clothing, wellies, hat and gloves etc, so I have just had a flood of second orders for extra pump bags.. so I have plenty to keep me busy !


15 comments:

  1. I love that apron! The fabrics are awesome and the pattern is so sweet. Love it, yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apron is just lovely...so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised you wanted to keep that apron its lovely, as are all your other makes. I very rarely seem to make stuff for myself either. Its usually for swaps and presents. Have a lovely day in the sun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria - I can see why you wanted to keep the apron! Perhaps you should treat yourself and set aside some time to make one for yourself? I must take a look at Seams To Me - it sounds like a good book. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your apron Maria! The fabrics are fab. I will have to investigate. Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous apron - you must definately make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that apron - I can see why you wanted to keep it. The apron I sent Virginia was nowhere near as good - I feel quite ashamed of it now
    Viv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great apron and little bags!

    I have that book in my amazon cart... have for a while. I think I just need to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the colours of that apron, great fabric mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also loving the apron!
    I've just brought that book so I now know what I'll be making!
    Cat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the apron too! I wore it the other day, and use the spatula almost every night :)
    You're fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, love the apron, the fabric is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. The apron is really lovely. It would certainly inspire me to bake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! what fab fabric and a lovely apron to boot I can see why you want to keep it (sorry i mean make one for yourself!!!)hope you had a fab day in the garden

    ReplyDelete