Tuesday 15 January 2013

Out with the old...

There is something about January that makes me want to start a fresh, clean and decorate..
 
We have lived in this house for almost 12 years and have decorated renovated and extended numerous times. I suppose your tastes change with time and circumstances, age of children, needs etc.  We have always pretty much stuck with a white scheme, easy to paint over when marks appear.

 
Last year we painted the playroom, I chose a really nice sage green. This is one of my favourite corners in this room, I wanted to have book racks on the walls, so the children could see the books and easily get them down to look at, after searching the web we found this idea of using Ikea spice racks as book racks on the Ikea Hackers website. Works brilliantly.....
C found the old desk thrown out in a skip in the back lane, stripped and painted it and put it in it's new home....

 I had seen some great blackboard walls on Pinterest, I decided to be quite bold and paint the whole chimney breast, fireplace and all in blackboard paint...




It still remains bare however, not sure whether to draw ?

 
or write, on it ?
 
 
 

I will show you when I decide.....

 
Next is to add an injection of colour to the hall, stairs and landing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment