Friday 15 March 2013

Friday's bake


This weeks Friday bake is a Lemon drizzle cake. the recipe is taken from Celebrate by Pippa Middleton. It was actually meant to be made in a loaf tin, but as I did not have the right size, so I used a round tin instead.


I have made lemon drizzle cake before, but this one had the addition of ground almonds which added a great texture, and seemed to keep the cake really moist.



Pippa Middleton got a lot of flack when this book was published, but I like it, there are some really nice ideas, recipes and it has lovely photos. I wonder if someone else had written it, would they have had such a backlash ?



1 comment:

  1. I love Lemon Drizzle and ironically it was on my list of things to do today, but its not happened. This recipe looks great and a possible one for my gluten and dairy free needs. Ground almonds always works a treat so might have to invest in the book at some point. As for flack, well I very much doubt anyone else would have received so much flack. Very unfortanate for her. xxx

    ReplyDelete