Friday 7 May 2010

TOO COOL FOR WORDS....

I saw these fantastic letter cups on the THE DIELINE ...







I love these images...soo cool...

The only problem is that they are made in Korea and seemed to be almost impossible to get hold of, they do not post internationally..

However, all is not lost..http://theviolethours.typepad.com/blog/2010/04/time-for-alphabet-cups.html did a post about these, apparently I am not the only person not able to get hold of them..

She did a tutorial on how to make your own !, plus a pdf to download of the letters !

So I gave it a go and I am in awe of the results, they are so cool, and who would think that so much fun could be gained from a few paper cups with letters on...




And the best in my opinion...



In the tutorial the letters are printed onto sticker sheets and then stuck on to the cups, I could not find sticker sheets (don't really know what they are, must be printable paper with a sticky back ?, all I found were like address labels !) so I just printed onto normal paper, cut out and stuck the letters to the cups with double sided tape..

You could design  a 'sleeve' on the computer using different colours and fonts and then slip these over the cups if you wanted more colour...

There are so many things you could create from this simple idea, imagine them done with numbers as an Advent calendar, or used instead of party bags (with child's initial on) and filled with sweets,  etc etc


So have a go and make some words of your own, I would love to see them if you do...

Have a great weekend xx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Maria!
    Your "homemade" ABC cups are lovely..you can buy the original ones here : www.papermash.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michela, Thank you, I can not believe I spent all afternoon cutting out letters and I could have got them here after all ! I am definitly going to get a set of the 'real' thing, and they have different letters on each side how cools that ? Great website, lovely packing tape too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous08 May, 2010

    Thanks for the PDF - I'm sure to use the letters. I wish that our Tesco had the UJ things - I would love some of those tins. I've drooled over them on many a blog but none here :-( xx

    ReplyDelete