Monday 5 July 2010

CRAFTY SUNDAY #9 (ON A MONDAY !)

Had real problems with the computer yesterday so could not do my Crafty Sunday post, all sorted now though, so here we go , better late than never ?

I have had a lot of orders for pump bags this week from the children that will be starting school with Hebe in September...


They need a pump bag for P.E. and one to put outdoor clothes and wellies in...







My crocheting is coming on a treat, and I seem to have mastered the simple granny square...



These will be made up in lots of bright colours and joined together with white to make a blanket to snuggle up on the chair in the little girls bedroom when we have bedtime stories..

I bought this rainbow pack of cotton yarn....



The colours are fantastic, really bright and vibrant, but oh how it splits ! I know cotton is more prone to splitting, but this is ridiculous, however, I will persevere making it up into these lovely little jewelled squares as I can not see it go to waste...



We have had a couple more people sign up for Crafty Sunday this week, I will put their links on my sidebar so you can see who is joining in....

15 comments:

  1. Loving the bags and of course the crochet which I simply can not do myself!
    And glad to see I'm not the only one who did Crafty Sunday on a Monday tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bags = I can just picture them lined up on coat hooks in a classroom. Won't they look fantastic!
    Well done on the crochet, your colours are gorgeous but shame it is splitty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granny squares are coming on really well - gorgeous colours. It's going to be a lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pump bags Maria. Can i ask how did you do the names? i would love to make one for my little girl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, lovely bags, too good for wellies and shoes I think! I have completely run out of steam on the crafty Sunday front so nothing from me for a while. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crochet squares are coming along just fine. Nice stash of yarn as well, lol.
    The bags are terrific, lovely fabrics and the names are done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bags!! Fantastic fabric choices! Bet you will be getting a fair few orders there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, love the bags but have to ask what does pump mean and also wellies ? Your crocheting is really coming along well and your colors of yarn are perfect .You could try using a bamboo hook , they apparently will be smoother but I haven't tried it so just going by what I heard .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bags, and well done on the crochet. I've yet to get past casting on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pump bags! Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! look at you with your granny squares! Well done you! Splitting is very, very annoying but the colours are lovely so it's worth persevering. Good luck and I love the shoe bags - they'll look adorable all hung up in the cloakroom xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bags are lovely. I've thought about joining Crafty Sunday but I'm a bit concerned that I might not always have something to show.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much are you selling the pump bags for? Cade is starting kindergarten, and Davin will be spending time in 2 daycares, so these might come in handy for us too!
    LOVE the strawberry themed stuff! We're enjoying ours from the garden right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pump bags are great, I still use them if I'm going away. Well done with the granny squares, I hate working with cotton :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute bags! and squares. I agree those colors need to be used... they're so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete