Wednesday 18 August 2010

HOURGLASS QUILT FINALLY FINISHED...


I started this hourglass quilt back in April, I even did a tutorial on how to make the blocks which can be found here Part One and  Part Two.. and then it has sat in my sewing room with the top completed until this week when I decided to finish it off for a friends 60th Birthday at the weekend...


I sash-ed it with plain white cotton and bound it with hot cerise pink...

The fabric is Tanya Wheelan , Kaffe Fassett and a bit of Park slope....



I quilted it with straight horizontal lines and am really pleased with the finished quilt, which I am sure the recipient will like too...

12 comments:

  1. 'Like?'...I should think she will be ecstatic. It is so pretty, lovely gentle colours in a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria, it's gorgeous! Really lovely. Maybe one day I'll be that good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an incredible quilt!! How on earth do you get your lines so straight? Straight lines scare me. I love the fabrics, it's turned out beautifully. Well done finishing it and being able to give it away too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so pretty and clean looking! This is my favourite style of quilt, she'll be chuffed to bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool quilt! Liking it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I LOVE it the colours are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see the finished version. It's very pretty and fresh. I'm sure your friend will love it. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and the simple lines of the quilting. It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Maria! It looks great, what a lucky friend! I love that park slope fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! and awesomely straight sewing x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria , that is a very beautiful quilt and your friend will be so pleased I am sure it will make her day . You did a really great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fresh colours in that quilt Maria.

    Very sugar candy, if you know what I mean.

    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete