Saturday 25 February 2012

DOLLS HOUSE DO UP #3

This is part 3 of the dolls house project, if you read the other posts you will have seen that the inside was looking very pastely....

Well, I'm not really a pastel sort of girl, so a strong injection of colour was needed and I had just the thing in mind...


A bit of Orla.....

I had seen this fantastic Orla Kiely wrapping a few months ago in a local department store, I had in fact intended to buy some to make into bunting for my kitchen, it is quite thick and double sided.

I looked at wallpaper on a dolls house website and did actually buy some, but when it arrived it just did not seem right and was also quite thin, then I remembered the Orla wrapping paper, and being a bit of an Orla fan just knew that it would be perfect.

Also, as it is double sided, I bought three sheets, but had six designs.

Now I had to decide which design to put where....

Living room....



Playroom.... (think this is my favourite)


 


Main bedroom...



The landing..



Living room.....



Bathroom...



And that's about it, I am really pleased with it so far.....


This is the next stage, up cycling the old furniture, some of which was mine as a child and some has been given by the friend who gave me the dolls house....






No comments:

Post a Comment